Updated: Apr 20, 2020
Ever wondered how to make your own Vision Board? MoHo has got your back! Follow our easy DIY Steps to your own vision board!
1. What Kind Of Vision Board Do You Want To Make?
- Depends on the resources you have available
There are multiple types of vision boards you can make including
* Cut and Stick
*Printed Pictures From the Internet
* Kodak Photos
* Create an online vision board! Through Canva!
- Take a look at this online tutorial on how to create an online vision board, great to save on your phone or computer!
2. Grab the Materials!
Michael's is a great art supply store, the 99 cent store has things you can decorate with for cheap, and AMAZON if you want to get more fancy, and if you have the time to wait for shipping! For those with a printer, feel free to print out pictures and words you can put on your vision board!
3. Decorate, Decorate, Decorate!!!
Here are three ways you can decorate your vision board. These ideas are based on how you feel in the moment, and what you want to achieve in the future!
- You are clear about your desires
- You are focused on changing your actions/surroundings
- There is a specific goal you want to achieve
Opening and Allowing Vision Boards!
- You do not have a sure idea of what you want
- You are in a period of depression or sadness
- You know what you want, but you are unsure of how to get it!
Themed Vision Boards!
- If it's an significant and important event in your life, such as a birthday, anniversary, graduation, etc
- If you are focused on one particular area of your life such as , love, relationships, career, spirituality, etc
4. Follow Through!! Follow Through!!
Now, you need to put your vision board in a space visible to you every day. Every day take a look at the vision board to remind you of what you want to achieve as well as give you motivation. Also check in with yourself every week to see if you are following through with your vision!!!!
So what does this have to do with me setting Self Goals?
Although vision boards and goals boards are slightly different, it is important to set up a vision board first, when we are focused on one's mental wellness, as it can lead to less stress. A vision can be vague while a goal is very specific. We wan't to use our vision boards to open our minds to the possibilities of achieving more than we thought we could have, while at the same time creating channels conducive for future goal setting.
Need A Visual Representation? Don't Forget To Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel to Follow MoHo's Mini Mentals!
If you would like a customized vision board for your space, shop Moho's products!